Thursday, July 25, 2013

From the mountains of East Tennessee to Mud Island, Memphis!

--We have finally settled into our new home. "New" can be a funny word--it really depends on who you are in order to know just exactly what "new" means. Though our apartment has hosted many before us, it is brand new in our eyes! (especially after the paint jobs, picture hangings, and little touches that have made it look and feel like home sweet home)--



I am definitely a nostalgic person, and I often have a hard time letting go of anything! The trait must be genetic, though, because everything that has been handed down through the generations and landed in my mom's hands has been kept --and in MINT condition at that. 



 I am ever-grateful though, because in essence my grandparents and great grandparents have furnished our newlywed apartment! Our china cabinet and dining room table and chairs are from great-grandparents...






Our cranberry bar stools, side table, coffee table, some pictures, and this antique clock were all my grandmother's things once upon a time! It makes our place feel even more welcoming--knowing everything came from homes filled with love and laughter before we were even born!





Though most additions are things given to us by family, we have made a few things special of our own. The wooden slabs we use for decorations to rest on were used on the reception tables at our wedding, and the coca-cola glasses were from our honeymoon! 





....and, um thanks Mom and Dad for leaving the old blinds you took down in the garage...I stole one and made a place to keep mailed letters, ticket stubs, and other things that have been "In The News" lately! It makes for perfect decoration, and I am sure the blinds are much happier on our wall than they were laying in a pile in the old garage!








No comments:

Post a Comment